Discuss gloworm pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BERNI L

I am having a problem with my gloworm swiftflow boiler. Pressure drops to zero after 2 days. cannot find any leaks. If I re-charge to half a bar, boiler starts and settles at 2 bar.
can anybody suggest my next step. ps. I am a DIY.

cheers
BERNI L

Just read on another thread that it’s possible the HE is leaking and passing via the condensate drain. not sure if thats a possibility????

How sure are you that you have checked all pipework and rads?

I have checked all rads, Only pipework not checked is under bedroom floor. Would a leak under bedroom floor show on downstairs ceiling ?.

I have checked all rads, Only pipework not checked is under bedroom floor. Would a leak under bedroom floor show on downstairs ceiling ?.
I had a similar problem - things to check
Two pipes to an outside drain - 1) from the condensate (water release each time the boiler fires up). 2) from the pressure relief valve (should be no water leaking unless overpressure in system)
3) is there excessive steam release after the boiler has stopped running (exhaust vent)?
4) Obvious one - any damp patches in ceilings or walls?

Have you checked the pressure in the expansion vessel? - beginning to suspect you may have a slow leak in the bladder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gloworm pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock