Discuss Gledhill EnviroFoam Copper cylinder (combi) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All,

i just been to a customer who has a gledhill combi direct cylinder they want fitting now the thing is , the header tank on the top of the cylinder does not have a fitting for the ball valve or the overflow, do i have to cut these into the cylinder ? i would have thought that it would already come with the holes for the ball valve and overflow ? there is not tech guide on site and i have search the gledhill site for the tech guide to find out more info can you guys shed any light on this cylinder ?

I've seen these before, some come complete with BV and OF and some without.

Cutting the holes is no big deal.

Drilling the tanks not an issue, but measure twice and drill once :)

The good thing with drilling these out yourself means that you can put the holes exactly where they suit you. Remember to drill the overflow hole slightly lower than the ball valve hole and also make sure you are not drilling through any seam that there may bein the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill EnviroFoam Copper cylinder (combi) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock