Search the forum,

Discuss Generating business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wrecked_24_7

Hi, I have been running my own business in Lincoln for a little over a year now. I am finding it very quiet at the moment and am wondering if anyone has tips on how to generate some more business. I am mainly advertising in local magazines, I have a web presence, I have tried the local paper but is crap, a total waste of time. I also have in the past bought a load of leaflets and hand delivered them in certain areas, I did find this the most cost effective way of generating business, but it is also te most effort (which im not afraid of doing) But does anyone else have any methods I may have missed out etc? How to get site work? How to secure contracts with building companies? Any advice would be welcome. Im sure we could all learn off each other. Thankyou

i think you will find most of us are experiencing the same situation.
i takes time to get established.the best form of advertising is satisfied customers,you can spend an arm and a leg advertising,word of mouth is in my experience the best form of advertising,a decent sign written van is another solution,it goes where you go,its a mobile bill board.HTH:):)
si

Try being honest with the customers you do serve and tell them its tough at the moment and ask them to take your card and if they are happy with your work to recommend you to friends and family

Try being honest with the customers you do serve and tell them its tough at the moment and ask them to take your card and if they are happy with your work to recommend you to friends and family
that as well:):)

stick with with it,its usaully flat this time of year,pic up soon,dont go subbing to builders,they will nail you to the floor with prices,

if its any help, I would consider looking into installing renewable energies.
I have had my best year ever last year and this market is showing no signs of slowing down, especially after the department of energy and climate change ( DECC ) announcement on the 4/2/10, Home - Department of Energy and Climate Change
regards
mike

eco is the way to go

I am serious thinking of looking at doing renewables

I get aksed every now and then on my view on it and I have to be honest say there are pros and cons but i haven't investigated it enough to give a fair answer

all my boiler installs recently were generated from doing little jobs, tap washers, tap change etc, the customers liked me and called me back a few months down the line. They liked the fact I turned up when I said I would, on time, clean and tidy andleft there home the same. I am always stunned when you see some trades roll up leave *** ash on their customers carpet and walk out leaving a load of sh*t behind. Not even suggesting anyone on line is like that but just saying wot works for me. Also if anyone rings wanting an emergency repair, try and get there asap, it impresses them and theyll remember you, but dont upset those your working for at the time. also try and get there the following evening and pop along earlier which impresses. Did that tonite and got a boiler service booked up on top in 2 weeks. simplesss ps its bloody quiet down here as well, let it snow soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Generating business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock