Discuss Gas installed in new houses after 2015 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

I have been out with my friends in low places at BG today - they say that it will be a government
stiplulation that all new homes built after 2015 ish will not have to have a gas supply installed but
will be a 'chargable extra'

Is this true - or have my beer goggles rendered me out of focus ?:confused5:

Air source is the future for houses designed for it i.e proper insulation and possibly under floor heating. At current prices if your on grid gas then its gas every time but for oil and LPG air source beats it on running cost hands down. I done about 10 air source this year and although probably 3 times the install cost of a straight boiler swap (due to rads needing changing etc) the performance and running costs are less. Winter will see more electric being used but then so will gas

If its true it just means its an optional extra to put gas in. It's still the cheapest way of installing heating.

Yes that true but depends if you have gas or not.

I installed an air source in a property in derby about 5 years ago (they were on oil) ÂŁ1800 per year. There were no option of NG being installed. The domestic use, 2 parents with 5 kids, all girls could not sell you a better system. not only is it cheaper to run there is no concern at all. Heat pumps are the future

I was chatting to a customer the other week who imports electric rads and he said something similar, took it with a pinch of salt but it appears true?

It won't happen, what about cooking or fires???, don't say electric cookers etc, because apparently we ain't enough power stations and there will electric rationing in 2 years!

Air source is the future for houses designed for it i.e proper insulation and possibly under floor heating. At current prices if your on grid gas then its gas every time but for oil and LPG air source beats it on running cost hands down. I done about 10 air source this year and although probably 3 times the install cost of a straight boiler swap (due to rads needing changing etc) the performance and running costs are less. Winter will see more electric being used but then so will gas

Running costs may be lower in some instances when fitted and sized incorrectly they can be huge
Material cost huge maintenance cost high if
anything needs changed fixed ect
Only suited to new houses due to insulation air tightness ect

You are spot on about the price - hot water for avg family gas - ÂŁ300 per year, elecricity ÂŁ700
oil ÂŁ1200 propane ÂŁ1400 thanks for the info ..centralheatking

You are spot on about the price - hot water for avg family gas - ÂŁ300 per year, elecricity ÂŁ700
oil ÂŁ1200 propane ÂŁ1400 thanks for the info ..centralheatking

Never had natural gas so can't comment
I use about ÂŁ1200 to ÂŁ1500 in oil depending on weather detached 2000 square foot house
Heating & hot water my wife works from home and loves heat lol
Not great insulation and house is a dormer bungalow so harder to heat
LPG in ni at present about same running costs

Need gas to generate electricity :)
They all burn coal round my way Steve, and we are sitting on shed loads, hhmmmmmmm power shortage, high unemployment, loads of coal underground...........earth to Cameron! Lox to emissions live for today!

They all burn coal round my way Steve, and we are sitting on shed loads, hhmmmmmmm power shortage, high unemployment, loads of coal underground...........earth to Cameron! Lox to emissions live for today!
Carbon capture ?

I also think air source is a serious contender for the future, if (& its a big if) our building developers could actually build well insulated properies. A few years ago I was called out to troubleshoot a dodgy thermaskirt install in a converted Victorian stable block. They had hardly any insulation in the loft, solid walls & badly sized thermaskirt. They wondered why their elec bill was so high & the property so cold

their are alot of new builds round here without gas all air source or ground source , i think the govt may change their mind tho now we have a trillion tonnes of gas although wont take long for them to sell it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas installed in new houses after 2015 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock