Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas fire heat generation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spacejay

hello all

have been told my burner has died and it would be just as expensive getting a new one as it would buying a new fire. so i am going to bite the bullet and get a new fire. have been doing a bit of research and i have a question regarding heat output. i like the idea of a 100% efficient fire that chucks all the heat into the room (this is what the literature says) , such as an ekofire 5520. however heat output is 2.3 kw max as opposed to one of the more trad efforts which chuck out, say 4 kw. my question is this : do these figures relate to the amount coming into the room or the amount being generated 'at source' but maybe lost up the flue. or to put it another way which is going to keep me warmer?

the one that chucks out 4kw will keep you warmer sure the 100% fire is not a flueless sound suspicious if its 2.3 kw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire heat generation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock