Search the forum,

Discuss future help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, i will be going self employed in the very near future (not really through my own choice). I am a trained installer but do not have as much experience and confidence as i would like. other than on my own and families boilers i dont really have much experience in service and repair. I want to get into service and repair more and will be doing both private 1-1 lessons in this and as many manufacturer courses as i can get on. I also intend to get my hands on a couple of old boilers to practice building confidence on (changing parts, stripping and refitting parts etc). I have tourettes and doubt i will stand much chance of finding another job so do not have much choice. I am aware i could go on site work but i will need to build my speed 1st. I also look to possibly go commercial in the future but need to work in the interim.

Just trying to find out if anyone could help point me in the direction of any training materials, helpful advice or if anyone was even willing to go as far as to be willing to pm details to me for if i ever need immediate advice i would be very grateful.

Also if people could advise best places to get things like forms, warning tags etc

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Good Luck bud. Just go on the construction skills course in combi's and fault finding at local college. its recognised qualification. Get a auto ranging multi meter.

electrical checks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to future help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock