Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Found today...possible CO in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
New replacement combi boiler fitted in 3rd floor flat,,resident has been feeling ill,bad headaches,tired etc..core drill hole annulus wide open and clear view to outside through it>>cut off>riddor. Boiler was in childs bedroom.

Diy ?

Feeling ill, bad headaches and tired - that sounds like 75% of north tyneside council tennants at a 2pm call as they didnt get a chance to have a lie in lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be more then poc's re entering through a flue hole, poor installation of flue at turret or other internal fitting is my guess?

Yeh id be surprised especially the way they shoot directly out and away. If they were coming back that bad id expect the flue to draw them inlet

Did you do a room co test?

Ive come across hundreds in the past not sealed around the flue and never had a problem of fumes coming back through.

What I have had is a problem flues coming apart

Did you do a room co test?

Ive come across hundreds in the past not sealed around the flue and never had a problem of fumes coming back through.

What I have had is a problem flues coming apart

Be the turret or another join!

New replacement combi boiler fitted in 3rd floor flat,,resident has been feeling ill,bad headaches,tired etc..core drill hole annulus wide open and clear view to outside through it>>cut off>riddor. Boiler was in childs bedroom.

Why did you attend?
If you are a TOFO, I can understand, but otherwise why not just seal it? I had the same yesterday, albeit in an integral garage. The guy who fitted it calls every year, and "services" for ÂŁ30. Nice tidy job otherwise. Frankly, the paperwork would take longer than the seal. Annoying, but no big deal.
Personally, I can't see POCs gettig back in to that extent. Did you look around for glue bottles:smiley2:

Last edited:
Agree with all above let's be honest the chances of poc coming back in and causing them effects would require the co to be above 200ppm constantly and with the hole around the flue it would also draw in fresh air, first action for me would be check flue installation, carry out co test on flue and room, then seal flue.

Seen to get this quite a lot on new builds, my son moved into a new house couple of years back, and for what I saw his and several others were not sealed .

Hi all ,yes i appreciate that the headache was probably BS and not linked. It was a private rented property not LA. Im just wondering why people still fit boilers and dont seal them properly? I seem to remember a recent case where a GSR got a conviction and a big fine for not doing so.

Also found this
http://www.hseni.gov.uk/gsis-010-flue-terminals-safety-alert.pdf

and this

https://www.************/gasengineersuk/posts/606166299487548

Last edited:
Its not always possible to seal the outside - hence the weather collar for 3 storey flats. But i always seal the inside with cement

Hi all ,yes i appreciate that the headache was probably BS and not linked. It was a private rented property not LA. Im just wondering why people still fit boilers and dont seal them properly? I seem to remember a recent case where a GSR got a conviction and a big fine for not doing so.

Also found this
http://www.hseni.gov.uk/gsis-010-flue-terminals-safety-alert.pdf

and this

https://www.************/gasengineersuk/posts/606166299487548

so why did you fit a new boiler and not seal the flue?

Its not always possible to seal the outside - hence the weather collar for 3 storey flats. But i always seal the inside with cement

and thats what harness are made for done a few nothing above 5 yet :(

Harness my Harris.
Ill stick with namby pamby ladders and if it cant reach them it gets pushed inside out and pulled back

Did i tell you im scared of heights.
Actually heights, ginger women, green eyed women, spiders, tax man, hard work, cheques, brown envelopes, chinese customers, etc...[emoji12]

Last edited by a moderator:
Harness my Harris.
Ill stick with namby pamby ladders and if it cant reach them it gets pushed inside out and pulled back

:D there fun swinging in the wind

Did i tell you im scared of heights.
Actually heights, ginger women, green eyed women, spiders, tax man, hard work, cheques etc...[emoji12]

dont look down then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Found today...possible CO in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter...
Replies
Views
Hello, First of all, I need to say that I know nothing, absolutely nothing to plumbing. I am posting in this forum because I am losing my wits...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock