Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue Gas Analyser calibration cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kestrel

Can you tell me what is an average cost for a FGA to be calibrated annually ?

It depends on the make and what else requires doing. I have found Kane to be one of the more reasonable.

Telegan charged me £70 this year but no parts needed replacing. I find the Telegan service good but slow at times.

How long was you without your FGA ?
Is there an average time it takes to get it calibrated ?

Kane average about 5 days and cost £88 +vat to calibrate and £155 + vat to service/calibrate (replace O2 sensor etc which has to be done every 2nd year)

I've just sent in my Testo,and it needs new co and oxygen cell,service and calibration -£275+vat!!! I think Testo take the ****.I can buy a brand new 327 without printer for£397+vat.But I'm gunna go for a Kane 250 - £460+,apparently more robust and better on oil which i do more of.An independant heating spares outlet in South Yorkshire dont deal with Testo anymore because they had loads of complaints about the cost of the service/calibration etc..

Testo do take the p***. ring up poole calibration services. They were excellent this time with my testo 325m. They collected it and delivered once done. Testo had mine for a month last time and it was the LAST TIME i will use them!

Jim

I sent my analyser back to Testo for calibration using their so called 3 day service. They send you a label and you contact TNT for collection - all seemed good.

I emailed them today a week after they received it to ask if I was getting the calibration done free (as they offer) as it wasn't done in 3 days. They emailed me back to say they quotation for cal was issued today, and under their terms & conditions they have 3 days once I accept their quotation!

****! if they were busy they could hold on to it for a month before issuing a quotation. The quote came back at £90 odd inc vat.

Don't they realise we cant really function without these instruments? I had to go and buy an a water gauge (couldn't find my old one) as I rely on the analyser for tightness tests as well.

Is poole calibration services pooleinstruments.co.uk ?

Regards
Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
When i bought the Kane 455 kit I was told all annual services for the kane products have to be sent to kane themselves to be done, so it's cheapest to go with the kane 5 year service plan for I think £88 a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Gas Analyser calibration cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock