Discuss float valve problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggy

Hi Guys ,
Just popped over from tiling forum , got a prob with float valve in my cistern , won't shut off completely. This is pretty much what it looks like , is there a replaceable diaphram/washer in it or do i have to get of my backside on sunday and get the grips out of my van and replace the whole unit.

Cheers

Diggy :0)

images

There is a washer but unless you get the one specific to the manufacturer of the valve it may not resolve it.

Best off nipping to screwfix to buy a fluidmaster[emoji1]

or you could turn off the service valve and leave it till monday :)

Turn off water and pop off blue cap. Twist the top off and washer is in there. Might just need a good clean. If it doesn't work you can always isolate and leave alone til Monday

I would offer to fix it for a drink in the tilers void. But like kings head but nothing in there! :)

Job done, new washer, will replace with fluidmaster next time i pass screwfix.

Diggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to float valve problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Hi - I've replaced the service valve on the water feed to my toilet. It's screwed on fine on the bottom but the top connection to the nylon...
Replies
Views
Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the cistern to put an O-ring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock