Search the forum,

Discuss First time changing a tap - but the new one doesn't connect the same way the old one did! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I am replacing a basin tap and managed to remove the one one and secure the new one on place with no issues. I then came to connecting the incoming supplies and seem to have incompatible fittings:
20200322_172009.jpg

Both threads are of identical size and I'm sure there must be an adaptor which can connect the two, but I wouldn't know what it's called so I don't know what to search for! The new tap came with a nut that screws onto the hose but that is narrower at the other end so can't screw onto both threads at once.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Pav

Two options

remove the new tap flexis and get some new one with a 1/2 connection nut

or

get two nuts and olives and a piece of copper tube and tighten everything up then do the same for the other one

Two options

or

get two nuts and olives and a piece of copper tube and tighten everything up then do the same for the other one

Thanks Shaun - Makes sense now you've explained it!

As far as I can tell, the flexis can't be removed - or at least I can't see how they would be, so the connection nut and olives + copper tube is the way to go. Gonna make some calls to find the bits and see if someone will give me some offcuts of tube as I'd only need two 1" pieces! Any recommendations for places I could try?

Thanks

Pav
[automerge]1589889617[/automerge]
Two options

or

Worked a treat thanks Shaun!

20200519_125811.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to First time changing a tap - but the new one doesn't connect the same way the old one did! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of the old broken connector still screws on but the 3/4 ones I've bought don't fit. I've thought of buying female brass hosepipe connector might solve...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place. So we bought the new taps and I tried fitting them yesterday but the new taps don't have the same fitting length as the old ones, this wasn't aproblem on the hot supply as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock