Discuss Fireplace and gaspipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all I'm thinking of having a multi fuel stove put into my fireplace I'm going to build up the hearthearth to 125 mm but the problem that I have is theirs a 22mm gas pipe buried in the floor outside the firefireplace just underneath the hearth do I need to move it

If it just a gas supply pipe running by the fireplace you are okay to bury it.

A multifuel stove hearth doesn't get very hot tbf but if it's copper pipe in concrete it does need to be protected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fireplace and gaspipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
We have been in our house (2 story) for 2 months. Smelled gas when we moved in around gas fireplace and room. Gas company detected gas and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Logic Combi 30 gas boiler installed in my house. The wife and I would like to install a multi fuel stove with a back burner to...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock