Discuss ferroli optimax 25s Boiler wont ignite!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drew.boi

hello all,

I am a rgi with lpg but never do breakdowns but a friend called me yesterday that his boiler stopped working. The problem i have is with a lpg ferroli optimax 25s not lighting up when demand is called for. When demand is called the boiler goes through its process of igniting and gets to the sparking stage but doesnt light. There is gas present at the property and the inlet pressure is correct at 37 mbar. I have also shut off the gas stopcock with inlet pressure at 37 mbar and when goes to fire, the gas is taken from the manometer. I have also tested the coils on the gas valve for resistance and both came up with the correct readings (2.8k ohms and 1.6 k ohms). So that leads me to think its not the gas valve and something else but im just not sure what to check now.

Any advice be gratefully received!!

surely it has to be gas valve what else could be holding it off?
interested to know the answer

Had a similar problem last week with an lpg boiler. What is the pressure gauge reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroli optimax 25s Boiler wont ignite!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Looking for your opinion on this please… Large house with Worcester 40CDi system boiler, UFH downstairs, 9 rads/towel warmers upstairs...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
Hi all - Got an old Worcester bosch 28i rsf combi that struggles to light - especially from cold. When heat is demanded, the pilot light fires up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock