Discuss Expansion vessel - water O/flow problem (pic) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
After filling the expansion vessel to the specified pressure, water starts to come out of the over flow pipe. Does anyone know what the cause is?

Attachments

• IMG-20161224-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20161224-WA0000.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 38
Could be a number of things. Dodgy vessel, dodgy gauge, prv not seating properly. Might be best to get an engineer out

Good spot. Could also be that :hurray:

a sealed system doesn't have an overflow??
do you mean the blow off pipe?

does the water come out immediately or when the heating is on?
have you looked at the pressure then?
has the ex vessel been checked for charge pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion vessel - water O/flow problem (pic) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock