Discuss Existing oil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazza191

Just looked at a oil boiler replacement/system upgrade and noticed the existing oil tank is not to new regs (to close to boundary and dwelling). am i right in saying its ok to connect the new boiler to this or should i advise replacement?

You can advise replacement but the customer probably won't. Make sure it's documented on your cd11 when you commission it.

you may want to just let the custard know, that having documented the issues you have to retain records such that if there is a future issue thats investigated by environment agency/insurers then they may not be insured having not complied with standards when warned. They may not like it, but it makes your position safe and they cant throw the blame back at you. and it has worked for me in the past and they bring their kit up to date. But it can backfire to a degree and they go elsewhere but I prefer to do it right and tell em the truth.

And get them to sign the form as well - this proves they have ignored your advice.

I have yet to see an oil tank fitted to the rules. There's always something you can find.

Which makes nonsense of the rules, to be honest. Why have them if people are allowed to ignore them? Bureaucracy, I suppose and at least it keeps some people in jobs.

It takes the mick really, as DKIA says rarely see a tank installed to the letter of the law,, and I know the rules are the for a reason, but... tanks aren't catching fire or causing pollution left right and centre so perhaps they are a little too tight?

I hear what your saying but quoting to replace a boiler doesnt involve commissioning of the tank or need any mention of it. Id be inclined to leave it out of the CD11 as its a separate ticket altogether. If you do mention it, be very vague about it, ie "NB Storage tank does not meet current regulations".
Watch out for the next issue of the OFTEC magazine and see one I came across a few weeks ago, she's going to publish it next edition...

Fill out a form 133d you will have covered your back then, you are supposed to fill one out at every service anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Existing oil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for a plumber to pipe up Rayburn to an R type neutraliser (and alter pipework to connect existing oil boiler). Job in SG8 OQE. The job is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off...
Replies
Views
A
My oil boiler is 2009 vintage. Just been serviced. Had a new tank fitted by approved fitter. I notice that the bottom of the tank is roughly on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock