Search the forum,

Discuss Does Grant Vortex 15/26 suck oil? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Allex Myers

My oil boiler is 2009 vintage. Just been serviced. Had a new tank fitted by approved fitter. I notice that the bottom of the tank is roughly on the level of the boiler feed pipe. Then I notice in the Grant instal manual for a single pipe feed the tank should be 300mm min above the boiler feed. Will I get problems when the oil level gets low? Thanks.

Tank in same position as old one? Any issues in the last 14 years? Have you had the oil pump replaced a number of times in the last 14 years?
I wouldn't worry about it.

The only problem you may get is condensation/water under the oil being fed to the boiler, this has probably been addressed by your service engineer each year, If you are worried about it get a Tiger Flow and convert your pump to a two pipe system, only requires removal of a blanking plug and a new flexible connected the the Tiger Flow adjacent to the boiler.

Reply to Does Grant Vortex 15/26 suck oil? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock