Discuss Essex Flange for a Shower Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes, sorry Best you’re right. Just I like to cut a nice tight hole if at all possible to get better coverage on the washers.

I used to just fit brass tank fittings.
Far superior job, tight fit hole in cylinder and no rubber washers. Much cheaper too!
Used to fit 15mm tank fittings for return connection to Willis Immersion heaters (you probably won’t have heard of them)
Prefer to buy cylinders with extra bosses now.
And the 1/2” drain tapping doubles up for Willis pipe

External immersion feeds back into top of cylinder, never seen one in ‘real life’ though.
If a new cylinder, our merchants do gledhill who will make up to your exact requirements- a god send when replacing in a tight space (the old - put cylinder and pipe work, then build cupboard too tight- six the next plumber).
You can have as many bosses of chosen size precisely where you want! It’s a great service, have had it next day.

External immersion feeds back into top of cylinder, never seen one in ‘real life’ though.
If a new cylinder, our merchants do gledhill who will make up to your exact requirements- a god send when replacing in a tight space (the old - put cylinder and pipe work, then build cupboard too tight- six the next plumber).
You can have as many bosses of chosen size precisely where you want! It’s a great service, have had it next day.

Yes, a lot of copper cylinder manufacturers do “specials”.
Very handy in a tight space, as you say and well worth the effort to survey the job and make it easy for yourself later.

The Willis heaters use a 3kw (usually) 11” element. Save money because you can have a small amount of very hot water in a couple of minutes. It was invented in NI and very common here

I want to install an Essex Flange to the cylinder for a shower pump. ............

(My edit)

Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks very much in advance!! (Sorry for sending PMs of this to a few guys!! My first time using this!)
No worries about the PM as a newbie, far better off posting it here and getting replies plus you learnt a valuable lesson, Shaun the mod will read, edit or delete PM`s as he see`s fit being Judge, Jury and Executioner.
Enjoy the forum.

Top of the cylinder is a pain and is 20 inches below ceiling slab as cylinder is raised off the floor.
cyl1.jpg top1.jpg offthefloor.jpg
I was going to use this set up. Probably insane but is it a possibility?setup.jpg Pipe on the left of the set up to go into the cylinder is this one:

pipe1.jpg
Connection would be in this handy area place for flange.jpg just below the seam.
Don't mind drilling the hole. Only concern is the compression fittiing on the inside. Is it doable, possible, madness??
Thanks!

Reply to Essex Flange for a Shower Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Had a plumber here for 4 hours today to fit a shower pump. He disconnected the hot water outlet from the top of the tank and after 3 adapters for...
Replies
Views
I need to install a pumped shower, connected to a gravity system. Hot water is in an direct cylinder on the first floor, and CWST is on the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
I've got to replace my leaking stopcock, it seems to be connected to old steel pipe about 25mm, I guess 3/4 inch. What is the correct way to...
Replies
Views
Back