Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting new stopcock to steel pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got to replace my leaking stopcock, it seems to be connected to old steel pipe about 25mm, I guess 3/4 inch.

What is the correct way to connect to this pipe?The steel pipe comes up vertically then an elbow connector directly onto the old stopcock, however new stopcocks are compression fittings so it won't directly connect. Should I use a brass 3/4 inch male thread adapter ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220914-082537_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220914-082537_Gallery.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 21
What’s the od in inches 1/2 will measure 3/4, 3/4 will measure 1 inch od

Do you have space above ?

So inch so yes 3/4 to 22mm required

Steel but if you want to connect to the elbow you will require a 3/4 -22mm male iron

You can still get threaded stopcocks if you don't want to have to convert via compression. BES stocks them, to name just one supplier who will sell to public.

Reply to Connecting new stopcock to steel pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock