Discuss End cap plug/fitting (like WP26) but larger dia? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I need is a way to seal (water tight) the end of a short length (30”) of plastic tube-just like the WP26 fitting in the photo, but a larger diameter, maybe 60- 75mm dia (round or square). I have done it with a 110 push fitting, but when this size pipe is filled with water it is quite heavy to move at this dia /water capacity.

Although they are plumbing fittings and holding water, the end use is not for plumbing. Any ideas/suggestions? I have failed to establish if there are any fittings on the market (around the dia that I require). Willing to buy from non-UK source if that is the only option. Only need 2 fittings.
Pipes 1.jpgPipes 2.jpg

What is your end game martind? I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

Are you wanting an end cap for 68mm rainwater pipe?

Hi Phil,
My game is to soak some wooden rods.
I am trying to find a way to end cap plastic pipe that is between 60-75mm.
Yes end capping 68mm rain water pipe would be a solution.

Why not use 3" soil pipe? - you should be able to get a full range of fittings for that.

I have never seen a cap for rainwater (kinda isn't the point, it is?). I guess 2" waste is too small?

you could use some 3" soil, a glued coupler and an access plug. I think is 82mm.

is the size of the pipe critical to this or not??
if not 4" soil pipe would be the easy/cheap answer.

ps - just reread your first post, so the 4" is to heavy.
ok, back to 3" just will cost twice the amount, or man up and go with the 4"..:20:

Last edited:
maybe they have the approx size in a fernco type cap end? just a idea

Look at McAlpine plumbing fittings, check out an S21A, it's a 2" x 11/4" ferrule fitting which is designed to go in a socket and reduce down for a whb, as it has a lip on it that might do, you then need a cap for the small end

Why not use 3" soil pipe? - you should be able to get a full range of fittings for that.

I have never seen a cap for rainwater (kinda isn't the point, it is?). I guess 2" waste is too small?

3" soil pipe should do it if there are fittings available. Do you know what the fittings are called or at least what type i.e solvent or push fit etc? Then, I can be specific when I phone the plumbing supplies.

Yes 2" (50mm) is too small. (The ones in the photo are 40mm).

is the size of the pipe critical to this or not??
if not 4" soil pipe would be the easy/cheap answer.

ps - just reread your first post, so the 4" is to heavy.
ok, back to 3" just will cost twice the amount, or man up and go with the 4"..:20:

4" too large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to End cap plug/fitting (like WP26) but larger dia? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off an old lead water pipe in the garden as I have an new MDPE pipe water supply. I have a Screwfix FLOMASTA COMPRESSION REDUCING...
Replies
Views
I have a lead water pipe that needs to be capped off. I have dug down and found where the pipe tees off to my property. I have a Flomasta Lead to...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock