Search the forum,

Discuss Do I have the right products to cap off a lead water pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to cap off an old lead water pipe in the garden as I have an new MDPE pipe water supply.

I have a Screwfix

FLOMASTA COMPRESSION REDUCING LEAD TO COPPER COUPLER 7LB 1 X 15MM (53125)​

A piece of 15 mm copper pipe.

A

FLOMASTA SOLDER RING STOP ENDS 15MM 10 PACK (68435)​

Obviously just one of these.
And a freeze kit.

My lead pipe is approx 24 to 25 mm diameter.

I believe I need to file down the lead pipe once cut to get the adaptor to fit.

Also believe that I do not need an insert for the lead pipe.

Is what I have and what I'm thinking correct?

Any information would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Best to get a 9lb x 15mm one also

And correct

If it's not what you are planning, you need isolate the dead section at its source. You don't want a blind section of lead (or anything else) connected to your water system.

Reply to Do I have the right products to cap off a lead water pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock