Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Emergency Plumbing Company Subcontracting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I am about to get a 2nd van in the next month or so and want to make sure it is as profitable as possible of course!

I was wondering if you guys/gals would be able to provide me with details of any and all emergency plumbing companies who work through a subcontractor base. I am going to get in touch with them all (the ones that pay promptly at least) and get onto their books shortly.

So far we are with Lim Emergency and that's the only one we work with.

Thanks!

Wouldn't run more than 10% of business on being a subby as it can ruin you. Why not advertise and get yourself up there!

got a call today during the first 1/2 time, Im fm ??? co who have a property with a faulty boiler, would you pop out and repair it now. Response, I dont know you or the landlord fm adam, why not use your regular engineer, we dont have one!!!! and I popped the phone down. Rugby and beer have to take priority what ever the problem :)

We are busy tbh. From previous experience emergency work can be rather lucrative though and its hard to cater for it reliably as a 1 man business.

Try ABLE group if your desperate, you'll get plenty of work and they do pay up but be prepared to "negotiate" on cost of parts etc and you have to use their paperwork and follow their procedures.

React fast are another. Used to pay 50% of labour costs when I worked for them many years ago, think it was 60% for gas work.

I always heard able group were a pain in the urse on paying up on time , always several weeks late and debating everything you invoice

someone may correct me on that tho

Reactfast or TradeTek as it is now, never a problem with payments, been doing stuff for them for about15 years, I always use their account for parts, so never run up a bill on my own accounts, they deduct 20% tax so keeps the Tax man happy as well

you get much work from them down this way joe?
No prices that they charge are a bit high for this area , nothing for a week or so then may get 5 to 10 all in one week, do get some evening and week end calls but when I get in the door that's were I stay, as for week ends unless water is poring through ceiling don't call me, you may be ok living In Plymouth, but not worth my time evenings, running in from Tavistock . If I am coming into Town will do them to cover running costs for the day, + the 20% tax keeps them happy as well. But used to do quite well when I lived near Ascot, it's all to do with the area you cover.

I always heard able group were a pain in the urse on paying up on time , always several weeks late and debating everything you invoice

someone may correct me on that tho

I never had any problems with them with being paid on time although they did query a few of my invoices which peed me off. But that's just usual stalling tactics which a lot of business try to do.
They make it clear when you're paid and that depends on when you send your invoices in, like I said you have to play by their rules if you want their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Emergency Plumbing Company Subcontracting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock