Discuss ecv and gas meter capping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello im a newly registered gas engineer but been a plumber for a few years. i just wanted to know the size of the caps you use to cap the ecv and the gas meter inlet & outlet.
i wana make sure i do everything right when i undertake gas work because i feel i have a responsibility over the customer/tennants safety.
sad i know but safety first :p
(my first thread):D

cheers guys!

It's not sad, it doing things correctly which is always a good thing. Welcome to the forum :)

Is it true that everytime you cap the meter you need to replace the washers?

not sure about replacing the washers but there was an alert sent out by gas safe on a concern of rubber washers undoing them self after tightening up.

Good practice to replace the washers (see your local SGN or Transco rep for a handful) or buy them from BES.

The thing with the washers was they changed them from the old rubber type to a kind of rubbery plastic type (probably imported from somewhere 10p a thou cheaper). They then found out they were pysh and have gone back to the rubber ones.

yea heard about the washers being tat one of my mates used to work for transco now have about a million meter union washers in regards to caps as tamz says tap up one of the utilities lads

hi bronzino. thank you for the compliment. just that im new need help hehe.
thanks for the warm welcome

mskh4n, you will find this place not much like other forums. Im new to the forum too but the attitude here is more about improving our skills and reputation than slagging each other off.

At the end of the day the trade has a bad reputation, because of the minority of idiots. The better rep we have the more proffessional we look. Which in turn will earn us the wages we deserve for the responsibility we have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ecv and gas meter capping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
My daughter has just moved into her first rental house with gas stove and hot water in Melbourne. The meter (pictured) definitely has gas...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock