Search the forum,

Discuss AT RISK WATER MAIN EARTH BONDING THROUGH METER BOX BACK PLATE in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Yeah I agree, it’s all about proof.

M20 thread Sounds like the perfect solution.

I was just thinking we could just drill and use compression gland, but often the spark arrives after all done, so we could not get a nut on.

Although most import thing is education.

Hence why they drill a hole where they can get too it’s one of them needs more communication on new builds

Problem is it has to be tested to be air tight tbh these days I don’t know why there isn’t a m20 threaded hole so you could put a gland in it etc

External box tested air tight? Is this real? Our gas meter cupboard door doesn’t even seal properly😁

External box tested air tight? Is this real? Our gas meter cupboard door doesn’t even seal properly😁

Yes in regards to leakage into the cavity

every day is a learning day.

shame the gas regs people and the electrical regs people cant agree on consistency of wording of regs 😊

Classic one is the new ones 18th am3 I think, if poly / plastic incoming yours doesn’t require to have sup bonding where as ours stat you must :D

This day and age you would think they would get together and have a meeting

Classic one is the new ones 18th am3 I think, if poly / plastic incoming yours doesn’t require to have sup bonding where as ours stat you must :D

This day and age you would think they would get together and have a meeting

AMD 2

Yes, hopeless isn’t it

The muppets come up with electrical changes to justify new books, exams etc and they can’t even check they are understandable or logical. And they rarely correct earlier mistakes or errors.

With the 18th edition, the printed version was slightly different to the electronic version😁

:D same as the gas lot then changing regs to justify there job

The only opening in a built in gas meter box should be the outlet pipework spigot which must be fitted with the spigot adaptor to form a conduit through the cavity. Earthing should preferably be attached to the gas pipe immediately inside the property and the spigot sealed with non setting compound. No other holes are permitted in the box. The reason why of course is that such holes would permit gas leakage from within the box to enter the wall cavity.

Reply to AT RISK WATER MAIN EARTH BONDING THROUGH METER BOX BACK PLATE in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock