Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dual flush valves - what principle do they operate on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi

I want to know what principle/ mechanism dual flush toilet valves use to flush. i.e. what is actually happening when you press the button and how does it control a short flush or a full flush. I know how the siphons in older style toilets work, but there seems to be more and more of the dual flush units nowadays. And also, what is the correct name? Dual flush valve?

I am commercial mainly, so I wouldnt say I was a genius at plumbing,

I have been doing more and more bathrooms recently, and am starting to get alot better at setting out, forseeing the potential problems, overcoming them, and giving a nice finish. I have to go back to one though as one of the aforementioned flush valves is not giving a good flush, not taking the paper down sometimes. Is the only adjustment on these the slider on the side? And adjust the water level in the tank. What else can I do to try and get a more powerful flush?

It is a close coupled WC.

Cheers

if you have a look at the flush button(disconnected of course) and press one of the buttons then the other one, you will see that one has a longer bit that pushes out than the other. this is what makes the two levels of flush, long and short.

It should just be a quick adjustment of the water level.

It will have some sort of mark line that indicates where the level should be to give 6 litres.

as said, check the water level and flush controls.
But also, check that the water is leaving the toilet as it should.
a blockage there would also cause issues

nowadays we have limited water to flush with and it just isnt working properly! the only way to boost your flush is more water in the cistern or best of all, high level cistern, funny how the old ways seemed to work best!

Have found on the odd occasion that when there is a macerator as well sometimes slightly less water cures the problem. can only think it`s something to do a vortex, anybody out there know the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual flush valves - what principle do they operate on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock