Discuss Dual flush problem – RAK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim_Brighton

Hello,
I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice on how I might fix a dual-flush cistern problem I've got...

We've got two RAK Metropolitan toilets, both suffering the same problem.

RAK_metropolitan.jpgRAK_met_cist.jpg
Press the dual-flush button and the toilet flushes, but 9 out of 10 times you have to repress the button to stop the flush. I can see that the cable switch is staying open and logic tells me that the other end of the cable is most likely where the problem is...

I am kind of okay with DIY, though definitely lacking bravery and tools! Any assistance in identifying the problem and how to fix it would be most welcome!

make sure the waters off to the cistern take the syphon out (the part in the middle) by a quarter twist then you will be able to take the 'pivot' mechanism off the syphon which will give you acess to taking the cable off, soak the cable in some sort of oil, cooking oil, wd40 anything really, give it a good push and pull to make sure its nice and free then give the syphon a good clean get all the limescale off which causes the problem in the first place, re assemble and bobs ya uncle.

thats a standard virquin flush valve,you should be able to get a spare easy enough it will just click into place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual flush problem – RAK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
It's a Thomas Dudley Vantage (TD 212-A) dual flush. Possibly getting on for 13 years old. I'm not a plumber but I try to solve problems myself. I...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one who sometimes puzzles over dual flush buttons? There are so many variations and each one seems to assume you know which bit to...
Replies
Views
First of all apologies if this has been posted in the incorrect section. Is anyone here familiar with geberit flush valve type 240 and its dual...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a problem with a Gerberit pneumatic dual flush valve. It has two buttons on the actuator plate, when pressed individually they...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back