Search the forum,

Discuss Geberit Rak new style (dual flush) button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

First of all apologies if this has been posted in the incorrect section.

Is anyone here familiar with geberit flush valve type 240 and its dual flush button? I had much trouble identifying it but thanks to google im 95% sure i have the right one.
thumbnail_IMG_1800.jpg

My council installed a dual flush toilet a year or two ago and on the second day the flush button mechanism seemed to have jammed resulting in a small flush regardless of which button is pressed. If i recall correctly, the smaller button could be pushed down independantly of the larger, am i recalling it wrong? Now pushing the smaller results in both pushed down.
thumbnail_IMG_1801.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1802.jpg

Once the little button has traveled all the way down, the larger button can be pushed a further 5mm or so.
Does anyone know if this is as intended? Reason being a replacement flush button is hard to come by and the product description says "This button is not compatible with any other flush valve" so i cant simply purchase another style/brand/type of button (i think?)

I got the council to send a plumber round but he said he was VERY sure it was a single flush system, the mechanism of the button is not jammed but was as intended because its not two buttons, the smaller button was a raised bit for "grip when pressing" and that he confessed he had never encountered this flush system (when i wasnt buying what he was saying).
thumbnail_IMG_1803.jpg

He said the (singular) blue lever on the left of the black "frame" showed it was a singular flush system. The flush button would screw into the white bit at the top. He said there was only one "spoke" when pressing the button, therefore confirming it cant be two buttons and it was just a single chrome button with a bit sticking out for grip and that otherwise there would be two "spokes" (spokes are my descriptors as i cant remember what word he used)

I don't think he was misleading me or fobbing me off to get out of there (hot day today), probably just unfamiliar with these items.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Basically is the button working as intended (anyone familiar with this brand?) and if not are there replacement buttons that'll work with this flush valve?

The council plumber is unfamiliar that is all.

It is a dual flush valve, it may not be set up properly for the cistern.

The height of the valve is determined by sliding up the two ‘ ladder arms’ at the side of the valve - this determines whether the button screws in correctly once the lid is on.

Then the blue arm can be clipped on at different positions too, it’s too dark to go to van to check but I think there are well over twenty positions!

If either of these adjustments are incorrect it may not flush properly.

Thank you for the replies. Turns out the buttons may just be "sticky" resulting in both going down when the smaller is pushed. I was concerned a large flush always occurred leading to a wastage of water, defeating the purpose of a dual flush.
A Geberit replacement button can be bought for £10 but i'm not sure its worth it. Looking at other button replacements it seems the majority are incompatible. I could have sworn the buttons could move independently but as YorkshireDave mentioned above, it seems to be as intended therefore I'll leave it as it.

Once again, appreciate the time and the replies

Reply to Geberit Rak new style (dual flush) button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock