Search the forum,

Discuss Dual flush button quiz! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Am I the only one who sometimes puzzles over dual flush buttons? There are so many variations and each one seems to assume you know which bit to press for long flush and which one for short.

Just a few examples...

DF_A.jpg
DF_B.jpg
DF_D.jpg
DF_C.jpg

... and then there are the large wall-mounted ones too. Is there an unwritten convention that the larger button gives the longer flush (even though it's easier to press than the smaller one, which would be used more often)? Even then, some seem to work differently, e.g. that first one, the small and large buttons can be pressed independently, but the third one you can easily press the circular button but the crescent-shaped button must be pressed together with the circular one so they effectively work as one button.

What does everyone reckon? I'm guessing (short of timing the flush) that for these examples it works like this:
  1. Small = short, large = long
  2. As above
  3. Circular = short, combined = long
  4. One dot = short, two dots = long
... but these examples aren't exhaustive and it seems daft that a lack of standards means you have to guess. (Or maybe I'm just lacking some common sense.)

(Also, I can't quite believe I'm spending my time writing a forum post about toilet flush buttons but I guess lockdown has affected us all differently.) 🤪

Your logic seems correct, but to add some more confusion,it’s the flush valve that can determine the volume of flush, which can be altered.

Also, if it’s a rod operating onto the top of a flush valve- then you can often replace the valve 180 degrees around. Then the buttons will do the opposite thing!
The whole thing is a nonsense anyway, often need 2x 6 =12 litres , compared to a good old 2 gallon deluge - but that’s for another thread.

Reply to Dual flush button quiz! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock