Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dual flush problem – RAK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim_Brighton

Hello,
I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice on how I might fix a dual-flush cistern problem I've got...

We've got two RAK Metropolitan toilets, both suffering the same problem.

RAK_metropolitan.jpgRAK_met_cist.jpg
Press the dual-flush button and the toilet flushes, but 9 out of 10 times you have to repress the button to stop the flush. I can see that the cable switch is staying open and logic tells me that the other end of the cable is most likely where the problem is...

I am kind of okay with DIY, though definitely lacking bravery and tools! Any assistance in identifying the problem and how to fix it would be most welcome!

make sure the waters off to the cistern take the syphon out (the part in the middle) by a quarter twist then you will be able to take the 'pivot' mechanism off the syphon which will give you acess to taking the cable off, soak the cable in some sort of oil, cooking oil, wd40 anything really, give it a good push and pull to make sure its nice and free then give the syphon a good clean get all the limescale off which causes the problem in the first place, re assemble and bobs ya uncle.

thats a standard virquin flush valve,you should be able to get a spare easy enough it will just click into place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual flush problem – RAK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock