• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Drayton MA1 mid position actuator intermittent fault. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Tomcat

Can anyone advise what could be the cause and how to overcome an actuator intermittently not responding when boiler is calling for heat.
Possibly slightly loose fitting to valve, as actuator re-activates with hand pressure movement when boiler is calling for heat. This is an intermittent fault and is more likely to happen when hot, suggesting an expansion influence.

Tomcat

If it moves upon persuasion, I would have thought a sticking motor.
Thanks for your reply sir.
In addition to my post I should have said that I have in the past unclipped the actuator for any obvious cause, but there was nothing that my untrained eye could see.
The unit is about 5 years old and the fault started about 3 years ago. Finding the cause was a matter of elimination when I could not see a fault code on the boiler.
Maybe if I opened the actuator and applied some WD40 it might free the sticking motor if your suggestion is correct ?

Reply to Drayton MA1 mid position actuator intermittent fault. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net