Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton/ACL lifestyle mid position valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TBServices

Does anyone know what position the valve sits in when manually opened with the lever?

Also, is the wiring the same as a Honeywell replacement?

Right, bloke has decided that he wants a straight swap, not honeywell. Problem being that this valve has a 22mm connection with an internal thread on the inlet, and normal compression connections on the outlet. Can't seem to find any evidence of these still being available. Does anyone know if they are?

Yes, we'll its an ACL but same thing. The valves have changed though, just trying to find out if the internal threaded valve is still available.

Have rung tech line but they want the product code of the old valve, which means an extra visit for me.

Head is working, valve is stuck unfortunately. He doesn't want to pay for a Honeywell and the re-pipe. Might be the only option though

Ah shame, unusual, normally it is other way round.

Had similar with threaded valve, didnt even contemplate a replacement just repiped and redid. Sounds like you have a difficult one there.

Last edited:
Cant you fit the new drayton and cut the olive off the internal thread side and fit new valve or is there not enough play in the pipework?

Hopefully that will be possible yeah, thanks for that - never even considered it, stands to reason the inlet pipe will be a bit longer than it needs to be. got my head in the clouds today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton/ACL lifestyle mid position valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock