Discuss drainage calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have got to show calculations to prove the existing soil stacks on a job are capable of taking the waste we are putting into it. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this, are there set values etc. Maximum pipe length for waste runs etc. I have never had to do this before, its normally all done on the drawing for us.

Thanks, still struggling to get my head around it though to be honest.

I think its pages 8 to 11 off the top of my head, which gives the distances.

Yeah I got the max lengths ok, just cant get my head around the drainage flow rates. I have been asked to provide calculations to show that the existing drainage can cope with what we are putting into it. I have absolutely no idea how I do this??

Get them done by a mechanical engineer at the customers/builders expense.
If you get them wrong you may be liable and as you don't know where to start it may bite you on the rse.
It is worked out with loading and discharge units and is explained in BS5572.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to drainage calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
Back