Search the forum,

Discuss Does your website work for you? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkAqua

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm testing the water at going self employed this year. I have started getting fairly busy now but not enough to make the plunge - I don't advertise at the moment so all work is word of mouth!

currently working as mech supervisor for a firm, but my background is domestic and I've never left this side of the industry completely so that won't be an issue. I will be doing both sides - commercial and domestic as I have contacts in both.

Ive been searching the local plumbers to where I am and all the ones coming top on Google have almost no web presence what so ever and what is there is very poor content Etc.

My my question really is- how much work do you get from your website? I know word of mouth is key to long term business success but I'm talking initially, is it worth getting one made up professionaly and will it bring the work in?

any help of course is appreciated.

I've got a free website and it's not the best bit says what I need it to. It doesn't bring in huge amounts of work but when I send fliers out they can go and look at it. Around me I think around me word of mouth is best.

Wether or not a professional site would bring in more I don't know I think getting top of google is tops.

My website, domain name and email cost me £28.78 a month. If my website got me one job a month it would already be paying for itself.

My website gets me more than one job a month.... no brainer.

all advertisement is key and like you say having a web presence is important, i can safely say since launching mine 4 months ago its benefited my income :)

It's worth having one, we get about 4-5 enquiries a month through ours.

its also a place for prospective customers to checkout your work if you decide to put case studies or pics of your jobs. i think a website these days is another tool in the box that should be used. i did my own a few years ago but we had a few people in to quote for a professional one and they were quoting thousands (including SEO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does your website work for you? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock