Search the forum,

Discuss Do you need a spark to fit a digi shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Not fitted one before (or looked into them.) Guy wants one doing, an Aqualisa. Looked up a couple online but not very clear on how they're powered...

Mention of a processor box. Does this just get sited somewhere where's there's a power point and plugged in or is it more complicated?

I've no electrical quals.

Processor box takes wiring and hot and cold supplies, then remote connection on data cable to shower controller. I'd be using a spark. Nice and easy to install.

Aqualisa do s training day for their digital showers and for their other ranges. Free with a big dinner thrown in:D

All installation manuals on aqualisa website. So take a look and familiarize yourself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

if its a straight swap with whats there then you will be fine, if it require's circuit alterations you will need to provide a electrical certificate if you want to do it by the book so to speak.

I have fitted a couple of Aqulaisa and Mira digitals. Got an electrician in to put in a fused spur, near the control box. The control cable is low voltage and plugs in at both ends - no wiring needed. Even easier if you go for wireless. Each of mine has been ceiling fed, very easy to install and lots of options for placing the control unit. The pumped units will be real competition for shower pumps, IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks everyone. Don't think it's a swap. I'll prob say he'll need separate visit from a spark to check suitability / viability (which I'll arrange.)

Only just seen your post pipeddream. Interesting. So essentially a nearby plug socket is all you need?

Put a double socket next to the shower head they can dry their hair whilst still in the shower

No. Wt you should use a switched fused spur. He means the wires from the operating unit and the controls just plug in so no wiring, like plugging in headphones . You could in theory use a plug and socket see em all the time on boilers when a sfs should be used.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Switched fused spur but when I went on the course the trainer said by all means stick a plug on it and providing its a 3 amp your good to go,

The first thing they ask you to do if you have a problem is turn it off and then on again so for the end user its quite good to have it handy.

When I've done them I've not used a sparks.

Last edited by a moderator:
they are really easy to install you wont have any probs.

i dont bother with a spark if there is power near by. just run a spur to a switched fused spur and connect up
the Mira wireless controllers can be a bit of a so and so, i've had to return one before

other than that dead easy

price up for a day.

WT sorry I meant the control wire, from the remote to the digital box of tricks. It is just like plugging in a telephone cable, normally the cable is more than long enough. I seem to recall that the MI require a fused switched spur ( I await correction - of course ) for the mains feed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

when i did the aqualisa course about a month ago terry the trainer said hes been out to calls where they havent been able to get a power supply to the loft and it has been run off the lighting circuit ! because of its low power this can be done and doesnt void the warrenty !

Absolute dawdle to install, but on your first one mate, I'd get a spark in and stand over his shoulder and watch/learn everything he's doing!

Also if anything goes wrong you can call the spark in.

if theres a fuse spur i wouldnt bother with the spark ! if u can wire a plug u can wire up an aqualisa ! but if there need to be a pused spur fitted etc and u dont feel upto it then dont bother !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you need a spark to fit a digi shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently had a ground floor bathroom/wet room finished off, It's about 3.6m long by 2.7m wide, tiled from floor to ceiling and has no...
Replies
Views
Hey, this is my first post... so currently i am doing my house up and have no heating, pipes or radiators in the house, so its a blank canvas and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to replace an Ideal Classic FF350 in a 4 bed detached house, 1 main bathroom with a bath and electric shower, also en-suite...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock