Search the forum,

Discuss I Need a New boiler but what one do you recommend for..... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey, this is my first post... so currently i am doing my house up and have no heating, pipes or radiators in the house, so its a blank canvas and i am almost at the stage for pipes and electrics to be fitted etc and I need to buy a new boiler but I don't know what make, model, power or type of boiler to go with so i am looking for advise of what I should be looking to buy? please see below for my needs

Boiler Location : Loft
UFH Water : 60/65sqm (2 Zones) (see plan) split evenly
Thermostat: Nest
Shower : Powerful ceiling mounted rainfall head
Radiators : 4 on first floor (3bedroom - 1 towel rail)

Plan2.jpg

A boiler an unvented cylinder is the best setup if you have the space and budget.
If its only one bathroom you may be ok with a combi.

It all depends on your budget, expectations and the flow & pressure available

If you want low tech, low spec, low performance then stick with the usual names. If you want state of the art, you have to use non UK products. Japan has some amazing products that are sold into the UK and can be bought on the UK. The worlds largest manufactuer by volume of combi boilers is a well kept secret in the UK My other advice would be never ask a*heating engineer", do your own research.

Reply to I Need a New boiler but what one do you recommend for..... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock