Search the forum,

Discuss DIY customers getting involved in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Easy to say when it's at the end of the week and you've not been paid! This dude though it ok to say that he'd wait until I'd given up trying to fix his cock-up and bodged it!. No value given to my skill of hand or pride in my work. I really want to know if there is a form of words that one can give at the start of the job that precludes this situation without giving offence.

I really want to know if there is a form of words that one can give at the start of the job that precludes this situation without giving offence.

I don't understand from your description what happened in your case, but a standard-form small works contract normally covers such issues. Look for the sections referring to 'control of works' and/or 'autonomy'.

You get them occasionally, just try drop a massive fart and he will disappear.
Otherwise, suck it up , get it done, get paid and if he rings again over anything else just laugh at him and tell him to go forth .

He screwed up the installation, and expected me to bodge a repair. Essentially called me precious for not gunking everything in silicone to stop the leak that he caused.

He screwed up the installation, and expected me to bodge a repair. Essentially called me precious for not gunking everything in silicone to stop the leak that he caused.
But you said that you gave up trying to fix it so he stepped in and bodged it
Really feel that there is more to this but you know what, I don't care!

Where would I find This?
Ideally, you'd get your solicitor to review your standard terms and conditions and make sure that they cover the circumstances you have in mind. You can find/buy boilerplate (and copies of standard terms that you can use for inspiration) online but remember the old saying 'The man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client.'

Reply to DIY customers getting involved in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock