Search the forum,

Discuss DIY customers getting involved in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

hENRYDAC

Henrydac
What do you do when the customer is a DIYer who insists on getting involved?

Easy to say when it's at the end of the week and you've not been paid! This dude though it ok to say that he'd wait until I'd given up trying to fix his cock-up and bodged it!. No value given to my skill of hand or pride in my work. I really want to know if there is a form of words that one can give at the start of the job that precludes this situation without giving offence.

I really want to know if there is a form of words that one can give at the start of the job that precludes this situation without giving offence.

I don't understand from your description what happened in your case, but a standard-form small works contract normally covers such issues. Look for the sections referring to 'control of works' and/or 'autonomy'.

You get them occasionally, just try drop a massive fart and he will disappear.
Otherwise, suck it up , get it done, get paid and if he rings again over anything else just laugh at him and tell him to go forth .

He screwed up the installation, and expected me to bodge a repair. Essentially called me precious for not gunking everything in silicone to stop the leak that he caused.

He screwed up the installation, and expected me to bodge a repair. Essentially called me precious for not gunking everything in silicone to stop the leak that he caused.
But you said that you gave up trying to fix it so he stepped in and bodged it
Really feel that there is more to this but you know what, I don't care!

Where would I find This?
Ideally, you'd get your solicitor to review your standard terms and conditions and make sure that they cover the circumstances you have in mind. You can find/buy boilerplate (and copies of standard terms that you can use for inspiration) online but remember the old saying 'The man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client.'

Reply to DIY customers getting involved in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it commissioned by an F Gas qualified company. When l tried to buy the system the supplier want all details of the F Gas registered 'installer' before releasing...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
[url=https://www.plumbersforums.net/plumbing-news/welcome-to-plumbing-forum/]Continue reading...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Over the weekend, my wife insisted that I cleared out a junk cupboard in our utility room, in doing so I discovered a stopcock (that we have never used) had a load of crust around it. It looks to me that at some stage it probably leaked and sealed itself. I've never used it as it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock