Discuss Direct cylinder thermostat tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
Have a direct cylinder feeding a pumped shower and a basin in a bathroom. The existing cylinder was running dry to quickly and it's never been enough to fill a bath properly so installed a 200ltr cylinder along with more stored water in the loft. It's basically exactly the same as before only bigger. Problem is now that the new immersion. (got a new bigger one to fit cylinder an heat all the water) keeps tripping out.
Cylinder has:
- same 22 feed as before
- same Surrey flange ( had to buy 1inch to 1inch quarter bush to fit)
- same power feed.

Direct cylinder is so
Simple!why's it not working?!

Either a loose connection, incorrectly wired or the new immersion is faulty. Get a sparky in to test for you.

Could be faulty MCB - had that problem earlier this year (after having tried by changing immersion element and stat).

Morethan likely a faulty stat, if not it's the overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Direct cylinder thermostat tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, I am hoping to get some advice, please, on whether or not to change my hot water cylinder. I recently moved house and the heating...
Replies
Views
I want to fit a sussex flange to a standard hot water cylinder about 10 years old, normally there is a 1inch bsp tapping, this one has a male...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I recently replaced a dead central heating pump in my home, so drained down the system completely, fitted new pump and filled up. What...
Replies
Views
D
I'm after some guidance if possible please. I have a fortic F1 vented direct cylinder with an instant immersion and an economy 7 immersion. A...
Replies
Views
DevishaM
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock