Search the forum,

Discuss No Hot Water Flow After Heating. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

DevishaM

I'm after some guidance if possible please.

I have a fortic F1 vented direct cylinder with an instant immersion and an economy 7 immersion.

A couple of weeks back I lost all hot water flow when I got up in the morning so suspected a blockage or maybe an airlock and reported it to my landlord.

So far the following work has been undertaken and the issue still remains
  • replaced float valve
  • replaced all HWS flow pipework and valves
  • replaced monobloc bathroom tap
  • replaced both immersions
  • cylinder inspected and cleaned including flow outlet fitting check for any blockage.

Incoming mains is 15mm, HWS flow is 22mm. The cylinder feeds 3 taps only and only 1 tap is ever in use.

It seems to be that whenever the water is heated it either airlocks or does something to prevent hot water flow.

The economy 7 is guaranteed to not allow water flow the next morning and the instant immersion doesn't work either if you use it straight away. The instant will sometimes flow the next morning absolutely fine but only if you heat it up the night before.

If you drain the cylinder and let it fill with cold water and then run the taps with cold it works absolutely fine.

Has anyone encountered this sort of issue before and know the solution? Apart from a brand new cylinder I think they have tried everything else.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Reply to No Hot Water Flow After Heating. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock