Discuss Dealing with Under Warranty Repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

To set the scene if I may :)

Turn of the year I replaced a pump on a GlowWorm 30CX. Pain in the butt! Anyhoo's today it came back to bite me. Turned out the new pump failed, same fault F:9. Well I replaced the pump and all is hunky Dorey again!

Now in the past it meant nothing to me replacing warranty goods coz I was not self employed and got paid regardless! However I wondered how you lot deal with this being self employed? It's been a month and a half since replacing the pump.......... By-the-way, pump failure had nothing to do with sludge or blockages!!!

Just wanted to know how you'all deal with in warranty repairs? this is a new field for me in the self employed realm. If you're curious, after discussing with the customer, tthey agreed to pay for my time! Wasn't I lucky... lol ... :)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Steve

That is one one of the lesser perks of workin for yourself you either take on the chin or spend hours trying to get something back from the manufacturer.
It all depends on the value of the goods etc of course

Nice customer Steve.

That's why i add 20% to my materials, on the odd occasion something fails it covers my time. If I get on my high horse over something then I'll have a dig at the supplier for comp.

That is one one of the lesser perks of workin for yourself you either take on the chin or spend hours trying to get something back from the manufacturer.
It all depends on the value of the goods etc of course

Totally agree 'quality' regards lesser perks! I don't charge a fortune labour wise anyways but 2hrs of my time running around I felt justified in getting ÂŁ30! 1st time in 3 yrs in the real world I had a dodgy part! Got me thinking about bigger jobs though, say a cylinder 10 months down the line!

Nice customer Steve.

That's why i add 20% to my materials, on the odd occasion something fails it covers my time. If I get on my high horse over something then I'll have a dig at the supplier for comp.
I was fortunate Simon TBH ... Explaining the situation they seemend understanding... Still never realised the implications of "in warranty" till today :)

in theroy you should be able to take it back to the point of purchase and request them to repair or replace.

i changed a pcb on a biazi riva he just before xmas at ÂŁ155 for the part it aint cheap,new pcb arrives and is faulty rings up supplier whos not my usual crew me, pcb is shot etc
them,buy another one we will send this for testing if its faulty you will get a refund this takes about 3 months,its at this point i go mad,demand a foc replacement i eventually get it but its not on,they did not want to pay my labour costs custards unhappy with no working combi,i have a faulty new part most suppliers are not happy taking back faulty pcb,s and i am sure most of us know what we are doing when it comes to faulting components the other thing that gets my goat is the suggestion we may have blown up the new pcb that one really riles me

in theroy you should be able to take it back to the point of purchase and request them to repair or replace.

BUT .... big but in honesty! We have to keep our custrards happy end of the day. However never thought whether Wolseley have warranty blokes working for them though? May well quiz the local manager tomorrow :)

i changed a pcb on a biazi riva he just before xmas at ÂŁ155 for the part it aint cheap,new pcb arrives and is faulty rings up supplier whos not my usual crew me, pcb is shot etc
them,buy another one we will send this for testing if its faulty you will get a refund this takes about 3 months,its at this point i go mad,demand a foc replacement i eventually get it but its not on,they did not want to pay my labour costs custards unhappy with no working combi,i have a faulty new part most suppliers are not happy taking back faulty pcb,s and i am sure most of us know what we are doing when it comes to faulting components the other thing that gets my goat is the suggestion we may have blown up the new pcb that one really riles me

What happens if you get charged for the 'other'PCB/pump' who pays for that? Cheers gas man .. :)

In all honesty 3yrs and first warranty .. I 'm lucky the custard agreed to pay for me and the supplier agreed to take back the part under warranty. Still though What if it had failed after 11 month? I'd be pretty pee'd to give my time freely! LOL

in all my career i have only had 4 faulty pcbs and 2 pumps and one gas valve so not to bad but its still annoying when it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dealing with Under Warranty Repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
plumber purchased and installed a salamander shower pump, pump has stopped working after being used for just less than 6 months. Plumber has...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Non plumber here, just a householder so please go easy on me! Our house was renovated several years ago and all plumbing replaced. It is a...
Replies
Views
Okay, our current boiler (Glowworm 18sxi) was installed in 2007 and has been nothing but trouble ever since. It has been regularly serviced and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock