Search the forum,

Discuss Crosswater Thermostatic Shower Mixers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pewit

I've found the Crosswater range of Thermostatic Mixers with a 15-year guarantee which seems reasonable - but I've never heard of the brand before - does anyone know if they're any good.

companies come and go ,gauretee only any good ten years later if company still exists

Crosswater are a very well know,good quality maker of showers in the trade and are just as lightly to be here in 15 years as anyone,they can be a bit expensive but are really nice showers
Mira showers are the other shower I would recommend in this quality range, both are very good

You are getting what you pay for here. You will have to pay a higher amount to have a shower with 15 year warranty. Cross water are likely to be here in 15 years but nothing is a certainty. Look after your shower and you wont need a warranty unless it fails early on. You will probably find that if the shower fails after 14 years and 364 days they will advise that lack of service or sometihng caused the failure and seals etc are not covered in the warranty. I would just go with the one that suits the bathroom best be it a 2 year, 5 year, or fifteen year warranty. I have never followed up a warranty on a crosswater shower but I had to call Bristan this morning and got a new cartridge free under warranty, quite easily, the same with Mira as well

Crosswater make great quality stuff, fitted them many times and had no problems. A lot of the Bathstore brassware is Crosswater.

Having met one of their sales guys and handled the product first hand I can confirm it is of a great quality as is their Simpson brand of shower enclosures. At a similar quality is the Hudson Reed brand from Ultra Finishing but they offer a market leading 25 year guarantees on some of their brassware.

I've got a customer with problems with all 3 crosswater 1000 cartridges in the house (thermostat problems) which are 7 years old. CW said the cartridge is not included in their warranty. The only other part of the valve is the brass, so I guess its only if the brass fails the warranty is honoured - Shoddy!

Must admit, not impressed with crosswater, very poor quality construction. Have a customer with three 'expensive' showers from them and all three have failed in less than 18 months.

im sick of these guarantees

my family always fall for it

'but it has a 25 year guarantee'

my reply is but with 25 exclusions

you find that the only bit guaranteed is the acual brass and as that doesn't rust i have never had brass fail!

you find that the only bit guaranteed is the acual brass and as that doesn't rust i have never had brass fail!

I don't know about that ,the brass in me pocket does not seem to last that long,especially this time of year

:wink_smile:

Hot water being far to hot can cause a lot of problems with the thermostatic cartridges
imho

I also have a customer where the thermostatic cartridges have failed on both showers. Crosswater say not covered as they are not the original purchaser. Previous owners installed it a few years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crosswater Thermostatic Shower Mixers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock