Search the forum,

Discuss CP12 and regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rawr

Is there any regulations as to how in-depth you need to go on a CP12, is it just as bare bones as checking safety devices and like, a spillage test on a fire or is a flue flow required aswell? and what about hobs? Is it purely checking the flame picture? I'm assuming on say a combi boiler there isn't much to do, would lighting a smoke match near the combustion chamber to check the seals be too far? I'm unsure what the difference between a CP12 and a service should be I guess

spillage test and flue flow, visual inspection of flue, gas rate, working pressures....... you need to perform whatever tests required to answer the questions on the form. hobs = flame picture, gas rate, controls, safety devices, clearences, ventilation, etc.....

the most important question being.... is the appliance safe to use? so you need to perform whatever you feel is needed to correctly answer this question.

Last edited:
I feel daft for making this thread now as I found an older one, mind you I searched CP12 but it actually never showed up until I typed LGSC. Had lots of useful info in that thread

One thing I should know but totally can't remember, on a fire/backboiler together, where do I put the smoke bomb?

I feel daft for making this thread now as I found an older one, mind you I searched CP12 but it actually never showed up until I typed LGSC. Had lots of useful info in that thread

One thing I should know but totally can't remember, on a fire/backboiler together, where do I put the smoke bomb?

leave the smoke bomb in the tub and pass the job on to someone who knows how to do it, OR on a more positive note take someone with you who knows what they are doing and pass the smoke bomb to them and WATCH CAREFULLY, AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES TILL YOU KNOW WHERE IT GOES, this is serious advice please take it with the spirit it was intended, BBU's are about the easiest thing to work on in gas, but im only able to say that after doing about 999 of them then the 1000'th was easy peasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CP12 and regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water and central heating. When it operates it takes anything from one to several attempts to light and when it takes too many the lockout circuit is...
Replies
Views
My daughter has just moved into her first rental house with gas stove and hot water in Melbourne. The meter (pictured) definitely has gas connected to the regulator. But gas is not getting to the stove or water heater. The previous tenant had turned the gas tap off at the meter but it's on now...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock