Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Corrosion on Pipe / Fittings in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water
feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and further up flexi hoses for the kitchen taps.

I have a suspicion about what might be the cause... Given the humidity in the kitchen especially when running condensing tumble dryers etc, condensation might be forming on the fittings and dripping down / collecting on the small section of (now green) copper pipe. Although the corrosion is on the hot feed, the water runs cold for quite some time before getting hot as the pipes are buried within the floor.

Of course, this may also be an old leak that has sealed itself. It's not causing an issue now but perhaps something I should get my plumber to inspect. My view in any event is that I'd prefer a soldered joint / take off for the hot (ignore the blue handle) as opposed to a compression fitting that somebody has fitted.

Currently trying to attach photos but keep getting server error.

Thanks...

Are you doing it via attach files eg opposite end to post ?

Attachments... Thanks for fixing it.
IMG_291700.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

Micro leak that’s sealed it’s self 👍

Reply to Corrosion on Pipe / Fittings in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock