Search the forum,

Discuss Convert vertical toilet waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I currently have a floor standing pan in a downstairs cloakroom. The waste is vertical about 10mm on the inside of a 2- brick external wall.

As I'm completely retiling the room, can I fit a connector that runs horizontally behind the current waste below floor level( by cutting off some of the current soil pipe) and then run it upwards by chasing out some of the wall and then connecting a horizontal connection to the pan?

This would allow the new toilet to be horizontal and allow a wall hung pan to be installed. All of this would mean the pan could be flush to the wall and no need to box in the waste.

I think Geberit have an S bend kit. Anyone see any issues with this?

If it’s only 10mm from the wall, you can just come straight up from there.
Assuming you are using a wall hung frame with built-in cistern, this requires you to build a false wall/ half height boxing to accommodate the frame - there should be no need to alter the waste under the floor or chase out the wall ( well maybe a few mil to accommodate ring seal fittings.)

You have less work to do than you feared!

Assuming you are using a wall hung frame with built-in cistern, this requires you to build a false wall/ half height boxing to accommodate the frame - there should be no need to alter the waste under the floor or chase out the wall ( well maybe a few mil to accommodate ring seal fittings.)

Thanks, but that would spoil the look of the room. Marble tiles, wall hung toilet and a visible waste pipe! Looking to put in a Roca in-tank toilet with no separate cistern or frame.

Ive attached a tech drawing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107_150253_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107_150253_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 5
Well no there wouldn’t be a visible waste pipe…

However I based my comments on the erroneous supposition that you would have a cistern.

My bad, as they say, good luck with your project.

And yes proceed with the geberit s bend kit, unless you can go straight out through the external wall and into a stack? This would be a better option.

I lowered a 4” clay vertical soil pipe yesterday, here’s a little tip.

Get a diamond disc (I used one of these). It has a 10mm hole. Then get a couple of washers and lock nuts and enough 10mm threaded rod to reach down far enough to make the cut.

Use the nuts and washers to mount the disc on the rod and tighten it on. Then stick the other end of the rod in a drill and you can use it to internally cut the 4” clay before breaking it out, preventing the clay from cracking and causing big headaches!

I doubt it’s needed but if you want a pic of said tool, I can post on Monday when I get back to the job.

Well no there wouldn’t be a visible waste pipe…

However I based my comments on the erroneous supposition that you would have a cistern.

My bad, as they say, good luck with your project.

And yes proceed with the geberit s bend kit, unless you can go straight out through the external wall and into a stack? This would be a better option.
Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the stack is at the back of the house and the cloakroom as at the front. Just wanted to check there was nothing glaringly wrong with my plan !

Reply to Convert vertical toilet waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can recommend? Maybe with some appropriate tape. The waste pipe is in the wall but was trimmed at some point (unnecessarily) to only 10mm extruding from...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is straight with a vent terminal on top. Another toilet on the ground floor empties through the suspended timber floor into (what I suspect) a drain. I wish...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock