Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Constantly refilling dual flush valve cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anna12345

I have a 6 year old dual flush valve cistern (Space Suite) that is constantly refilling and discharging into the pan.

Access is very tight and I am wondering whether this can be remedied through adjustments or whether a replacement washer is required?

The sealing or diaphragm washer will most likely be in need of replacement and the seating will need cleaned/flushed out. Best to get a local plumber in as it's an easy and quick job for a professional.

Could be one of two things the ballvalve could not be shuting off or the washer on the syphon has got dirt underneath it preventing it from making a seal. Have you got the top of the cistern?

hi anna welcome to the forums. can you get to the flush valve at all? if there is enough room to remove the valve from inside the cistern you can try turning the washer over so it seals again

If you attempt to dismantle the fill valve by yourself, please remember to isolate the water first. Normally there is a valve on the pipework below the cistern.

Is the system you have a push button flush? I've known quite a few of these of the mechanical type to be over pressing down very lightly on the toilet syphon, causing an everending flush and fill cycle.

Thanks for that. Problem is plumbers are quoting ÂŁ65 + for what should be quite a straightforward job! Appreciate the advice.

get another quote if you want. if access is as tight as you say there may be a lot of work involved to get at the flush valve, the price seems about right given the circumstances.

that price is probably for replacing the valve. possibly because they don't fancy sourcing the exact diaphragm. in which case not a bad price.

have you removed the lid to see if its the filling valve thats over flowing of the flush valve is passing ? most flush valves can be unclipped and replaced with new ones, if its the filling valve (ball valve) you maybe able to change the washer inside to stop this overflowing, if you have a look and let us know.

Thanks for that. It doesn't have a ball valve so sounds like the dirt. I have attached the breakdown of the mechanism if its of interest. Apprecaite the response. Cistern 1.jpg

It is a push button - hadn't thought of that. Will take a look. Thanks

the flush valve looks like a dudley cascade is it green and whit in colour the filling valve would be the old ball valve, its somtimes easier to call it a ball valve instead of equilibrium valve which its actually called but that not the point just see if it over flowing if so it the filling valve if not its the flush valve hope this helps

Don't see too much wrong with the price, all depends on location. Oh and by the way there's no such thing as a straight forward job especially as you have already said access is tight. Don't forget your paying for the persons skill and knowledge to do the job as well as time and parts. Have they seen the job or is it an over the phone quote?

Twist the flush mecanisham anti clockwise and should disatach and then you will be able to see if there is any debris on the flush mechanism washer

Then i would expect he was covering his options, if done over the phone. One of the reasons I don't price over the phone, exception to this is distance. If it's quite a hike I'll give an estimate to replace.

Does the water run into the bowl continuously or stop until the cistern fills? If its the first its the vari drop valve, if its the second its the mcw inlet valve.

Was it a through the day price or to suit your schedule price? Plus what part of the country?

you need to know if its the filling valve or the flush valve thats at fault, if the cistern lid does not come off you may need to pull the two buttons off ans unscrew the flush valve from the lid.

push one button down then pull the other button to remove .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Constantly refilling dual flush valve cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock