Discuss Connectors for potable water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
A novice question.
I am trying to replace the kitchen tap. The current tap is soldered to copper pipes under the sink. I will need to cut those but I don't want to do any soldering (don't have the tools/knowledg) so I was looking at other types of connectors.

I found the following push fit connector:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/tectite-sprint-brass-push-fit-adapting-male-coupler-15mm-x/94310

It is Manufactured from Copper and DZR Brass.
1- Is it suitable for drinking water?
2- Can pressure fit handle mains pressure.

Many thanks.

You will probably find the copper tails are screwed into the tap not soldered , you will be able to get a flexi hose to help you install the new tap , most come with flexis these days .

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/hose-15mm-x-m10mm-x-300mm-2-pack/66361
If the new taps don't come with suitable hoses then just buy a new pair such as these with a 15mm compression joint to connect to the copper pipes under the old taps once you cut & remove them. (the ones in the link don't seem to be WRAS approved- see below)

Please make sure that both the new taps & the hoses (or any fittings used) are WRAS approved otherwise you could fall foul of the Water Supply (water fittings) Regulations 1999.

Last edited:

Reply to Connectors for potable water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work? Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock