Search the forum,

Discuss Copper push fit connectors in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work?

Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and are these connectors suitable for water and gas?

Also I see that there is a special tool to release the connector if you get it wrong or not quite right but is there an alternative way to remove it other than the special tool?

Are these connectors more reliable than using the polypipe push fits to copper, or are copper push fits more secure?
I understand copper pipe to Poly push fit don't need any insert, and assume the same with copper to copper push fit.

I've only just come across them, didn't even know they did copper push fits

Thanks

NOT for gas, trade name is Tectite. Release tool is as little as a pound. They work in similar ways with a sealing O-ring or two and teeth to prevent extraction.

Difficult to say with any certainty which is a more secure fitting but you'd expect the metal fitting to be more physically robust and resistant to external abuse.

If your looking at the copper tectite fittings (sprint) they are non demountable.
Tectite classic fittings (brass) are demountable.
As has been said great in a tight spot where press gun won't go.
In a emergency they will come apart using a adjustable spanner to push collet in.

Reply to Copper push fit connectors in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock