Search the forum,

Discuss Connectors for potable water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
A novice question.
I am trying to replace the kitchen tap. The current tap is soldered to copper pipes under the sink. I will need to cut those but I don't want to do any soldering (don't have the tools/knowledg) so I was looking at other types of connectors.

I found the following push fit connector:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/tectite-sprint-brass-push-fit-adapting-male-coupler-15mm-x/94310

It is Manufactured from Copper and DZR Brass.
1- Is it suitable for drinking water?
2- Can pressure fit handle mains pressure.

Many thanks.

You will probably find the copper tails are screwed into the tap not soldered , you will be able to get a flexi hose to help you install the new tap , most come with flexis these days .

Thanks for the reply. But it still doesn't answer my original questions about that part. Is it suitable for drinking water and mains pressure?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hose-15mm-x-m10mm-x-300mm-2-pack/66361
If the new taps don't come with suitable hoses then just buy a new pair such as these with a 15mm compression joint to connect to the copper pipes under the old taps once you cut & remove them. (the ones in the link don't seem to be WRAS approved- see below)

Please make sure that both the new taps & the hoses (or any fittings used) are WRAS approved otherwise you could fall foul of the Water Supply (water fittings) Regulations 1999.

Last edited:
Ignorance is no excuse. Big fines or worse if you get it wrong

So, Yes it is suitable for drinking water and Yes, they can handle mains pressure. Hope that answers your question.
Flexi's on the other hand are common and can get you out of a lot of problems with misaligned pipework but be careful if you have a low pressure hot supply as the bore on the flexi's can be very small as they are better suited to high pressure supplies, in that instance, you can't beat a full flow copper tap tail. (Or in my opinion a separate hot and cold tap!)

Reply to Connectors for potable water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock