Discuss condensation on toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This may sound like a stupid question but is there anyway of stopping condensation on a close couple toilet, on the cistern. thanks Dom

Last edited:
I think it's something to do with the heat in the room and a lack of ventilation

Or when there are four women living in a house and they all feel the cold so there is never a window open and love 60 degrees baths or showers :)

it should only really happen in cold weather. you cant stop it. it depends on the amount of cold going into the cistern ie if its flushed frequently. warm house and cold water filling it...have a look at a stop tap and pipework in a warm kitchen they always sweat..

you can't stop it, it's science!! really cold water in a cistern at room temperature produces moisture, take a bottle of water out of the fridge, put in any room in the house and it will still have condensation around the bottle ! happens mainly in colder weather when cold mains is so cold, my cistern does it , gotta live with it.

thecisternchapel.jpeg

You don't get dry heat in a bathroom.
A drip tray underneath or a couple of unobtrusive twee little plastic bathroom bins.

Fill it with hot water instead of cold. No condensation problem and should remove left over lumps easier!

Roca do one called the Dama N that has a plastic internal cistern and the outer pot cistern is just a cover. Because its in 2 parts this usually sorts the condensation problem out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensation on toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a cracked close coupled toilet cistern. It's an Armitage Shanks Tiffany 9776, which I believe has been discontinued. The water feed is on...
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock