Discuss Concealed Cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody come across a concealed cistern with a handle flush that is connected by a bar to the flush valve. The panel that the handle goes through is removable but the handle seems fixed to this bar so although I can loosed the panel it will not come off until the handle is removed. Does the handle normally push on after the panel is fitted? I have only come across concealed cisterns with cable connections before. I do not want to try and prise off the handle unless I am sure it will come off.

If you lift the lid of the cistern there is normally a spacer and the arm linking the bar to the siphon valve and both of these have screws. Remove the screws and prise the spacer and the arm off, even now it can be difficult but it will come. Clean the bar before refittiing.

Yeah had this before, get a pic to make sure but you can get extra long handles from merchants for this

Yeah had this before, get a pic to make sure but you can get extra long handles from merchants for this

Is it a commercial vanity panel? The panel above might push up then lift out ? Used to use the levers a lot but now it's all air or wires?

Sometimes there is a tiny grub screw securing the handle to the bar, normally found at the bottom out of sight.

Can't lift the lid as can't get access. A previous owner installed the bathroom, the units are topped with a worktop going full width of the room. A basin is inset in one end and the cistern with pan the other end. It looks like after the worktop was installed he tiled. So the top is not going to come off easily. The toilet is not flushing anymore and I was hoping to access through front panel, it may not be possible even if I get front panel off which I can't unless I can remove the handle first. I think my only option may be to cut the worktop to get it out, removing the tiles is another option but they are mosaics and no spares. Couldn't see a grub screw.

Sounds like a right DIY moron, feel for you.

i think you are going to have to warn the customers that there will be some damage caused to get at the cistern. or cut the handle off and convert it to push button. give them the two options and they may go for the new push button one.

Rather than take the whole worktop off consider using a jig-saw from above and making an access hole. The cistern is normally screwed to the back wall (sometimes on a wooden baton) and the average cistern is around 7" deep x 16" long so using the toilet pan as a rough guide draw a centre line and cut in, start small until you can see in then enlarge. Not sure how your going to cover the hole afterwards though :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed Cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern...
Replies
Views
See attached pics of this cistern this is a VP slimline concealed cistern can you please tell me what I have here . . . The part that has...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, thanks for your time reading this! We have noticed a leak appearing from the built-in toilet in our main bathroom that's spreading...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock