Discuss Commercial work opportunities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scrambleguy

Hi Everyone i am new t this forum and haven`t as yet passed my domestic Gas (halfway through portfolio) but I was keen on training for my commercial ticket and wondered how hard it is to obtain self employed work in the commercial sector including commercial catering. Any advice appreciated!

id say spend more time on domestic to start off , if your only just doing your portfolio imho. waqlk before you can run

thanks, yes i was going to for a while but just wanted to know what the opportunities are?

depends on your area . if your in the outer Hebrides id say not much if there's 3 others with it , if your in a town centre then maybe

I am looking to go commercial this year managed to get my company to pay for it if you look elsewhere everybody wants at least 2 years experiance before you can work for them. As for working for yourself I should imagine most companies would look for well established businesses when looking.

Most larger sites also look for larger companies that they perceive can respond quickly to problems.

I was looking after a local private school for my previous firm roughly 10mins from home, for 3 years. Was a nice number 50 or so boilers to service through the summer break. I heard after I'd left that they hadn't renewed the contract so I approached the estates bursar with a view to taking over the work, not interested as I don't have any backup for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial work opportunities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone My name is Daniel and I've recently completed my ACS gas engineer class room based work. I need to complete my portfolio. so is there...
Replies
Views
I know how a lot of people feel about Centrica but bear with me! I am midway through the application process with Centrica Business Solutions to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock