Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial magnetic filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just in the process of fitting a new heating hot water system in an old pub that is being converted to a turkish restaurant and need a bit of advice on the magnetic filter. I normally fit MagnaClean in domestic properties and was going to fit a 2 inch commercial one here but as they are around £1400 the customer is asking if there is anything cheaper that does the same job. Any advice would be greatly appreicated

if your using 2" pipe work, I would think you need to fit a 2" magna clean, would be sensible, commercial isnt the cheapest type of system to install in the first place, surely the customer realises that?

Thanks mate. Just as I thought. He is now releasing the cost !! Long story.

Just been searching online and see that Fernox do a new TF1 delta for commercial but can't find a price online. Think I will just stick to what I know and use the Magna. Cant go wrong with them

What boilers are being fitted? Detach the old from new with a heat exchanger. Then fit smaller magnetic cleaners to each boiler.

Can't you fit 2x 28mm inline filters so as to not reduce the flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial magnetic filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all and Merry Christmas, We are in the process of planning the replacement of our 50-year old heating boiler serving a residential block of 12 flats with a total of 60 radiators. It is a vented single-pipe heating system, which has not been properly maintained, and we only recently...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install. Our old gas combi boiler needed replacing, so we shopped around and got a deal via BOXT. Our understanding is that BOXT then sub-contract to local...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Hi all, My customer would like a magnetic filter fitted. There's not a lot of pipe space - pics attached. I've figured my two options would be an Adey Atom on the 22mm flow above the boiler (obviously not ideal, but I don't much fancy trying to access the 22return), or a very easy install on...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone. I am a DIY plumber up to a point having been an electrician in the Navy. I will tackle most problems but know my limitations as regards plumbing. But having bought an old house and renovated it try and research a problem and then decide if its for me alone. Thanks I have a TRG...
Replies
Views
Very short version. Im a sole trader of only 10 months, but an experieced Plumber of 30 years. Installed a bathroom for a customer, they wanted me to source everything for them and have it delivered directly to them, which l did, once everything had been received by the customer, they then paid...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock